Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Thunder Over Louisville

This past weekend Taurean and I went with some families in the ward to the official Kentucky Derby kickoff, Thunder Over Louisville. Everyone goes to the riverfront, camps out all day for the world's second largest firework show. It was incredible and we had a great time watching the air show and snacking all day.

Here's the group we were with

Lance and Tiffany had their hands full walking back to the car, so Parker got to ride on top of the cooler
Here's a video of the finale of the fireworks. The video doesn't come close to doing it justice. I apologize for the high pitched shrieking coming from me. I couldn't help it.

4 comments:

Karla said...

Love it, so pretty!

Marcie said...

Pretty sure it's the worlds largest fireworks show.....what tops it?

We dream of taking our kids back someday for Thunder. There's nothing like it.

My good friend just posted about their 10th visit to Thunder (he's done Med school and residency in KY).

Liz and John Behunin said...

Sounds like you guys are having all sorts of fun. I want to come visit and have fun too.

Amy said...

You screaming in the background just made my entire day...i miss you!