Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Florida Vacation!

This past weekend Taurean and I packed up and drove 13 hours to DisneyWorld! We had two free tickets into the parks because of the disney Give a day of Service Program. So we left Thursday around 2 pm, drove all through the night, slept from 3-7am at a rest stop and arrived at our hotel around 8:30 am Friday morning! We were planning on spending the day at the pool and relaxing, however Taurean begged to go into one of the parks. So at the last minute, we got dressed and headed to the Hollywood Studios park.
Here is our hotel. Not much to look at from the outside, but the rooms were nice and it had a great breakfast.
Here we are at the park. I think we look pretty good for only 4 hours of sleep on the side of the road.
Here is Taurean eating his home made lunch. Peanut butter and Jelly

Oh Taurean

haha, this picture just makes me laugh. The guys taking the pictures were like "it's just you two? You don't have any kids with you?"


Saturday we woke up very early and redeemed our Disney vouchers! Going early really paid off. The Park was empty till about noon and we got all the rides in before it got too crowded. We walked on to every ride. Splash Mountain was sending down empty boats.

Unfortunately, the short lines didn't last and the park got really crowded! This picture doesn't come close to showing how crowded it was. It was insane. Luckily we weren't in any hurry. We spent the busiest hours sitting down to a relaxing lunch.





This little beauty is all the rage. Everyone was wearing them. haha. I don't know why anyone would want to look like this.

ToonTown @ Mickey's mailbox.

Here is a picture of the parking lot when we left! haha, Our car was one of the only ones in the lot. Everyone who got to the park the same time we did, apparently left much earlier.
We hit some traffic on the way home. It was funny, everyone got out of their cars, started chatting and walking their pets up and down the lanes of cars.

Check out the videos from the trip! We had a great time!

9 comments:

Karla said...

Thanks for all the pictures and videos! I want to go.

angie said...

Looks like fun! You should have bought the hat! I also can't believe you guys slept in the car.

Tiffany said...

Oh man I love the pictures! It all looks so fun! I'm so jealous.

Ashley said...

jealous. remember when we went together?? So fun.

Anonymous said...

Do you have all the parades memorized by now? You lucky ducks, me and Jimmy can't wait to go. Also I cannot believe you slept 4 hours at a rest stop...Ah! Glad you had a Disney-tastic time!

Abby said...

I used to live there... boo hoo :(

Amy said...

Looks like you guys had fun!

I can say with confidence that one of my favorite memories is going to Disneyland with you. You and Disney go so well together.

Liz and John Behunin said...

I wish I was there. Disneyworld is my favorite vacation. I'm glad you could put the books away long enough to have some fun.

Bob and Greta Leonard said...

Sleep in the car. Taurean, you learned too much from your dad. That is what he always wants to do.

It sure looks like you had a blast. We are going to Disneyland with our free tickets on May 25th. Can't wait!