Thursday, May 6, 2010

Kentucky Derby!

Last Saturday was the Kentucky Derby! We really enjoyed getting into the 'derby' spirit. We had a party with our friends from the ward and watched the race on TV. They had live coverage from Churchill Downs all day.
I even made a hat for the party. I paid $3 for a gardening hat, spray painted it black and glued some dollar store flowers on it. Maybe next year I'll drop some big bucks on a real derby hat (although not likely). Here I am in my hat. I thought I'd put the picture in black and white because black and white pictures are all the rage.


4 comments:

Karla said...

The hat is perfect! Next year Taurean needs a little something on his head too! Great picture taking of the horse! If I didn't know better I would think that you were right there!!

Anonymous said...

All the rage, you bet, haha.
I love that you made a hat. So great.

Amy said...

I would have loved to watch the derby with you and wear a homemade hat. Looks like fun!

angie said...

Bring that hat to Israel!