Sunday, October 11, 2009

FALL!

I have always LOVED Fall and Halloween, but this year I am feeling especially festive! Here are just a few reasons why I love fall so much!
Reason #1. Help Grandpa Day! 
Every year the cousins gather at Grandpa Wheatley's for 'Help Grandpa Day'! We pick apples off the trees, trim back dead branches and deep clean the house. I love 'help grandpa day' and unfortunately Taurean and I won't be able to make it this year. We are very sad we have to miss it. 
Look at Josh's face! He's working hard to get that last apple out of the tree
Little Savannah loved picking the apples up from off the ground. The poor thing couldn't get her gloves on the right way. haha. 
Reason #2. I LOVE HALLOWEEN! Who doesn't love a holiday where you get to wear costumes, be afraid of ghosts, carve pumpkins, get free candy, decorate with pumpkins, and  scare your friends? I LOVE Halloween!
Reason #3. The Wheatley Halloween Costume Party! Again, Taurean and I will have to miss the party, but it gets better every year! We can't wait to see the pictures. 


5 comments:

Liz and John Behunin said...

We will miss you this year for Halloween and Help grandpa day. But yay for christmas!

Anonymous said...

It's too bad that all of your reasons are about things happening far away...I don't know about Louisville but here in Columbus the leaves are starting to change and it is so pretty. Also I think I'll just sit on the couch all day with my pumpkin candle in my lap and cry because I love Halloween and Fall so much.

angie said...

How old is Joshy in that picture? He looks so little! Good luck at your Craft Fair (even though you won't be there) :(

Marcie said...

Louisville is so great in the fall. Have you driven up to Huber Farms to pick pumpkins and get amazing caramel apples yet?

Go!!!

I also LOVE Brown County (IN) in the fall, cutest little town ever...google it.

.........and the zoo hosts the "largest Halloween party in the world".

I'm just saying...:)

Amy said...

What I would give to be with you this Halloween...my soul probably.