Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bread maker!

Big news! I spent 6 hours on Thursday morning/afternoon attempting to do something I have always longed to be able to do. I tried making bread, and by golly, I sure made bread. The recipe I found made 3 loaves and used 8 cups of flour! Look at all that dough!
The last time I attempted making bread the crust started burning, while the inside remained dough. I was very worried that this would happen again and that all the ingredients would be wasted, but it worked out great. 
I am more proud that I successfully made bread than if I had survived in the wilderness for a week! 
The bread tastes great, and there are absolutely no air bubbles inside! I'm so proud of myself. 

7 comments:

Karla said...

I'm proud too!

angie said...

YAY! Look at you being all domesticated and stuff! Cute bread pans, I like!

Tiffany said...

I'm impressed! I am no good at bread! Good work!

Anonymous said...

Hey, how bouts we make bread dis weekend girlfriend? Yeah!
It looks delicious...nice work.

Bob and Greta Leonard said...

No wonder Taurean can't fit into his suit. You guys, are becoming way too good at cooking.

Scones, and rolls are next!!

Have fun!! Love ya!

feefoo said...

I really, really want the recipe. Could you please pass it on?

Kimi said...

mmm your bread makes me hungry