Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cedar Point!


This past weekend I was able to convince Taurean to go to Cedar Point with me! Cedar Point is just outside Cleveland, Ohio and is a 5 hour drive from Louisville. We left Friday night and spent the night with our dear friends, the Leale's in Columbus. Saturday morning we woke up early and drove 2 hours to get to Cedar Point!

In case you don't know, Cedar Point has the more roller coasters than any park in the world!! Taurean and I love thrill rides and it was great to satisfy our need for speed.

We rode this bad boy twice. However, it paled in comparison to the ride in the next photo!

The red ride is called the Top Thrill Dragster. It shoots you off and goes 120 mph in 4 seconds! You then go up 500 feet in the air straight up and straight down. It was so much fun!!! We both loved it.

By the end of the day we both had pounding headaches and our feet were throbbing. But we would do it all over again. It was a great getaway. I love living so close to the exciting destinations!
Here is a video of top thrill. so much fun.

9 comments:

Amy said...

That's nuts! Glad you two had a fun time though :) I miss ya.

Karla said...

You are crazy!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You two and your need for speed! Hahaha, loved that you said that. I love any excuse that we get to see each other.

angie said...

HOLY CRAP! I would never, not for a million dollars ride that thing. Okay, maybe for a million, but definitely, definitely not for free! You guys are crazy! Vince and I would both come off with throw up all over us if we rode those! That camel ride doesn't look so dangerous now :)

Paige said...

I've totally been there! My sister used to live in Cleveland and when we moved her home we had to go there. I try to tell people all the time about the dragster and they just don't understand. I'm so happy I now have someone to share this with! :) Seriously, the most awesome rides ever! Someday I'll talk Phil into going to Kirtland and we'll go to Cedar Point. So worth it.

Heather Mills said...

Okay, I have GOT to go there!

Bob and Greta Leonard said...

Looks like a total blast!!

Liz and John Behunin said...

What are you thinking? One big gust of wind and that thing would tip right over. I'm glad you lived to tell.

Kimi said...

I want to go there. Cedar Point looks amazing! You and Tor are having a fun time. Are you sure Tory didn't pee his pants at the top of that really scary ride you showed in the video?