Thursday, August 20, 2009

An unexpected trip

On August 6th I found out that I would have a two week break from school and work! With all the things going at home (Abby's homecoming from Disneyworld, Mallory's farewell, Ang's cancer surgery and Liz's pregnancy) I decided to take a very last minute trip home! I spent a lot of time being with my friends, family and baby sitting my nieces and nephews, which is exactly what I wanted to do. Here are some highlights of the trip
Hanging out with Brooke and Jack

I got to see my friends and say goodbye to Mallory (who just moved to Ohio! which is only a few hours from Kentucky)
Abby and I met up with Tia on Saturday. Tia is our friend that Taurean, Abby and I mentor. We've grown really close to her and it was great to see her on my trip home
Abby and I rode bikes around the neighborhood...so funny since we haven't been on bikes since elementary school.
We had hamburgers on the deck with the family...a great summer delight

Luckily while I was home, Liz had her baby! Here are some photos of the new baby. 
This is Liz right before heading to the hospital


Here is the new baby, Lilianne Elizabeth Behunin (I'm not quite sure on the spelling). She certainly has a head full of hair

Me holding the baby

While Liz was in the hospital, Abby and I took Savannah to her first day of preschool. It was fun to pretend I'm a mom. I even did her hair! Not bad for a first timer eh?

This was taken right before I left for the airport. These are all the grandchildren, minus 3 (Jack, Brooke and Lilianne)


And here is some video I took when we brought Josh and Savannah to the hospital to meet their new sister. They were both really excited. 





7 comments:

Allison said...

geeze my hair looks big in that picture, haha. And I can't believe how old Josh is!

angie said...

we really miss you. Why can't you just move back and help us all out some more! Oh yeah....I forgot about Taurean!

Anonymous said...

I hate that picture of me, oh my gosh how I hate it.
I'm so glad you came to Utah...now come to Columbus!

Karla said...

Come back and bring Taurean! We miss you much.

Liz and John Behunin said...

Hey, it was great to see you. We are so greatful that aunt Katherine got to come and babysit the kids. I need to get copies of the pictures.

Bob and Greta Leonard said...

It sounds like your trip was very busy. Glad you could come home and see your family. I loved seeing Taurean in Nashville. Missed seeing you.

Tarrah said...

You did a great job on Savannah's hair! Did you cry when you dropped her off for her first day of school?