Monday, August 15, 2011

Did it rain?

On Saturday Taurean and I thought it would be fun to drive the 2 hour drive to Ikea and spend the day in Cincinnati. On our way back to Louisville we noticed a few odd things....
Heading back into town, the freeway was completely shut down in the other direction...we figured it was just an accident. Traffic lights were out, but that happens all the time. Then we started noticing that trees and debris were all over in the road. I asked Taurean, "did it rain?" It wasn't until we got back from the grocery store and I opened our fridge when I realized that the power was off.
Apparently Taurean and I completely missed one heck of a storm. No tornados, just high winds. Our power finally came back on last night. I'm actually really sad I missed out on such a storm. The family I nanny for had a tree crew at their house this morning removing their tree that was destroyed.








8 comments:

Amy said...

I'm convinced more and more that you live in the most dangerous place in the world.

Krystal said...

It was pretty crazy, we were at the baptism and the lights were flickering and the sound was crazy. We got drenched running to our car.

Mallory said...

What the--Katherine! Thank goodness you went to Cincinnati! I do love that Ikea. I'll be happy when you finish out there in Louisville alive.

Ashley said...

Oh gosh. Crazy! So I never commented back to you...you live 11 hours away from me? For real? That is awesome and still seems like a long distance at the same time. ha. How did you find your nanny job? Do you like it? Oh, and I was going through my scriptures the other day (my high school set) and found the pic of you and I with swimming suites on..the one where you are in the cute pink one with ruffles and I am in the boy speedo one. Too funny. Too funny.

Karla said...

Okay I am going to have Dad cut down our front yard trees! The pic of the tree cutting through the house is horrible!!!!

Sarah Steele said...

HOLY COW! Amazing what a little wind can do! Glad you guys got to visit Cinci, that IKEA has become our favorite place.

Hilary said...

Oh my goodness you missed a crazy storm. It was nuts! I was staring out the window the whole time praying the light pole I was parked in front of wouldn't blow down onto my car! But then of course 20 minutes later it was gone. One of the great things about this lovely city we live in :) Freak storms keep things interesting I guess.

angie said...

You should move to Rigby. Super uneventful.